Ⅰ.Phonetics (10 Points)
In each of the following groups of words， there are four underlined letter combinations marked A， B， C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1.A. nurse B. thirsty C. universe D. surprise
2.A. belief B. niece C. field D. variety
3.A. surprised B. pleased C. refused D. increased
4.A. temperature B. change C. average D. surface
5.A. construction B. coral C. cross D. model
6.A. mental B. metal C. total D. metallic
7.A. detective B. decide C. nephew D. desire
8.A. determine B. demand C. medical D. belief
9.A. peasant B. present C. promise D. possession
10.A. speech B. stomach C. charge D. church
Ⅱ.Vocabulary and Structure (40 points)
There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A， B， C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
11. Luckily， the fire fighters arrived and _______ the terrible fire.
A. put on B. put out C. put down D. put away
12. For miles and miles， I could see nothing _______ a great fire and lots of smoke.
A. beside B. besides C. except D. without
13. The shop assistant didn‘t give me the right ________.
A. change B. money C. serve D. note
14. The prices of fridges have been ______ recently.
A. pressed B. brought out C. cut off D. brought down
15. This means the boy may be out of job for some time. In this sentence “be out of job” means _______.
A. be on their days off B. go outside
C. lose his job D. finish his work
16. The TV play we watched last night was very ________.
A. frightening B. afraid C. fright D. frightened
17. We took soft drinks to the _______ and our friends took beer there.
A. bench B. beach C. bank D. bend
18. Who will ________ the bill?
A. pay B. pay for C. pay off D. pay out
19. Their debts _______ 700.
A. added to B. adds up C. add to D. add up to
20. There is _______ bread in the cupboard， ________?
A. no more…is there B. not any more…isn‘t there
C. no longer…is there D. not any longer…isn‘t there 21.-Would you please go out for a walk with us?